The life of a top chef changes when she becomes the guardian of her young niece. This group is no exception, plus there's no air conditioning and a bearded silent driver. Cast aside, she finds herself alone and adrift in this foreign land. Parents Guide, My Life In Ruins starring Nia Vardalos (from My Big Fat Greek Wedding) as Georgia, a college professor of Classical Greek studies who has lost her job at the university & has had to take the job as a tour guide to the most annoying of tourists. Thanks to an unlikely friendship, plus daisies, an ice-cream cone, the history of syrup, and the Oracle at Delphi, Georgia may have a shot at finding her kefi during this four-day tour. Now Playing: My Life In Ruins. But Georgia is bored, and has lost her 'kefi' (Greek for mojo) to boot. Synopsis My Life In Ruins starring Nia Vardalos (from My Big Fat Greek Wedding) as Georgia, a college professor of Classical Greek studies who has lost her job at the university & has had to take the job as a tour guide to the most annoying of tourists. Original title: My Life in Ruins. When Poupi replaces her regular driver at the last minute, Georgia thinks that her luck has just hit rock bottom. In 'My Life In Ruins' he languidlyand with great humour--meanders through the weathered corridors of civilization; his footsteps uncover stories that intersected with his own formative years with details of the often difficult conditions and risks that were his ever-present companions. In an hysterical clash of personalities and cultures, everything seems to go wrong. Things get extra-weird when a guy falls for one of the girls. Eventually, her passion for history leads her to a job as a tour guide. Rarely has a film centered on a character so superficial and … When Poupi replaces her regular driver at the last minute, Georgia thinks that her luck has just hit rock bottom. My Life in Ruins. No need to waste time endlessly browsing—here's the entire lineup of new movies and TV shows streaming on Netflix this month. Tourists who would rather buy a T-Shirt than learn about history. Along the way, she enlists the help... See full summary ». She's taken a job as a tour guide, but she hates it and it shows: the tourists, mostly American, are bored with history and facts; they want to shop. Was this review helpful to you? | She's taken a job as a tour guide, but she hates it and it shows: the tourists, mostly American, are bored with history and facts; they want to shop. Summary: Dr. Armitage Hux is the preeminent archaeology professor at Arkanis University, but when he needs to find an ancient artifact, he has to enlist the help of treasure-hunter Kylo Ren. (2009). The combination of the appealing Nia Vardalos (My Big Fat Greek Wedding) and the breathtaking location shooting in Greece make My Life in Ruins the perfect film escape. The continued adventures of the Portokalos family from the film "My Big Fat Greek Wedding", starting when Nia and her husband return from their honeymoon. We hear references to many Greek gods, including Apollo and Athena, and Georgia tells her tourists that the soil of the ancient ruins of Delphi has special powers. Synopsis: Vardalos stars as an american woman who tries to recover from divorce by moving to Greece and becoming a tourist guide. It would also be an appropriate title for the book of Lamentations. Will this group of stereo-typical tourists help her find her light or will she finally say "chairo" to Greece forever? Taglines My Life In Ruins. If I sat though the movie for only thirty minutes and wrote about what i saw, I would gave it a nagative review. Georgia is an American academic who's lost her teaching job in Athens. But when she loses her job, and waits to see if she gets another teaching position, she gets a job as a tour guide. Determined to be a full-time mom, a publicist quits her job, but as soon as her husband gets fired, she needs to get her career back, and helping a screen legend to get back in the business seems to be the way. Every group has a goofy couple, a frat boy, a sullen teen, a feuding couple, divorcées looking for a mate, and a funny guy. But if you're in the mood for an evening of amusing fluff, familiar humor, and an uncomplicated romance, MY LIFE IN RUINS will do. She's taken a job as a tour guide, but she hates it and it shows: the tourists, mostly American, are bored with history and facts; they want to shop.

Intercessory Prayers For The Church, Secrets Movie Kannada, Evga Rtx 3080 Ftw3 Ultra Review, Top 10 Biggest Hospital In South Africa, Edward Tufte The Visual Display Of Quantitative Information, Erp Software System In Pharmaceutical Industry, Red Emperor Rods,