Now prepare the pastry. Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. Excellent recipe! Your email address will not be published. Ingredients Serves: 4 Spinach and feta pie. Transfer the pie plate to a rimmed baking sheet. Take care. But it was also labor intensive. Line the flan base with baking paper and, to blind bake, fill with baking beans. Yum! Well when I saw the spinach and feta filo pie in Jamie Oliver's new book I thought exactly that. Dice onions, mince garlic and fry in a large saucepan in the olive oil until garlic is fragrant. In my opinion, this spinach and feta filo pie is one of the tastiest snacks or light lunches you could ever eat. This quiche is full of delicious flavours and is a firm favourite in my … I always use an 8″ loose-bottomed baking pan like this one for this Greek spinach and feta filo pie. There is no additional cost to you. It’s soooo delicious, and perfect for any meal or snack. Frank, I’m glad to hear the recipe was a hit! Pour over the egg mixture and top with the remaining bacon and spinach. IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, LET ME KNOW HOW YOU GET ON BY LEAVING A COMMENT AND RATING BELOW… AND DON’T FORGET TO SIGN UP TO RECEIVE ALL MY NEW RECIPES BY EMAIL! Just layer 4 or 5 of the thin filo sheets into a loose-bottomed round baking tin, each overlapping onto the next and with the sides hanging over the edge. The spinach feta quiche bakes up perfectly in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate. If you have leftovers, you can easily crisp the pastry up again in the oven (about 15 minutes at 180C/355F should do it). The first time I met Spanakopita I was a kid: I watched my mum chop up the spinach greens, sweat them off, mix in the feta cheese, and then make up triangular filo pastry parcels. […], Your email address will not be published. Thanks Mira – I really enjoy making this (and eating it of course!). Use any round baking pan you have – as long as it isn’t too much bigger or smaller – and you’ll be fine! This is so lovely to hear, Colleen! I chose to pair the leeks with spinach and feta cheese. Step 1: Drape sheets of filo pastry over a loose-bottomed baking pan, overlapping them over the sides.Step 2: Tip in the filling.Step 3: Scrunch the pastry that you left overhanging over the top.Step 4: Brush the top with a final layer of olive oil and bake![/caption]. Sign me up for anything with crispy filo. Filo pastry recipes for you. ), 6-ingredient gooey Swedish chocolate cake (kladdkaka), Easy magic lemon pudding (5 ingredients, no eggs), Greek yogurt blueberry muffins (low sugar recipe), Leftover turkey, bacon and brussels sprouts macaroni cheese (Christmas macaroni! Arrange three-quarters of the bacon and spinach over the filo. I’d say about 20 mins at 180C (cover with foil then remove for the last 10 minutes so it crisps up but doesn’t burn). 100g pine nuts ; 5 eggs ; 300g feta cheese ; 50g grated cheddar cheese ; 1 tsp dried oregano ; zest of lemon ; knob butter ; 400g spinach ; 270g pack of filo pastry ; cayenne pepper ; 1 whole nutmeg ; Tomato salad. Serve warm or cold for brunch, lunch or dinner. Where sweatpants are socially acceptable at all times? Hi Stephanie! Beat cream cheese in medium bowl until smooth. It isn’t quite a quiche, it isn’t quite a pancake, and it isn’t quite cornbread. Anyway, again so glad you liked it, and… Happy New Year! I'm the author and recipe developer here at wellplated.com and of The Well Plated Cookbook. Spanakopita is a traditional Greek dish consisting of spinach and feta cheese baked between layers of phyllo dough. Hi, I'm Erin Clarke, and I'm fearlessly dedicated to making healthy food that's affordable, easy-to-make, and best of all DELISH. Then cook from frozen, adding about 10 minutes on to the cooking time. In place of regular pie crust, I layered sheets of phyllo dough, the impossibility flakey, ethereal pastry that’s used in classic Greek dishes like baklava and spanakopita. If you’d like to fully bake and freeze the quiche, I’d use a standard pie crust. Please read my disclosure for more info. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Hope you do give it a go for Sunday Brunch some time! One of my favorite things about quiche is its flexibility. Thanks, So glad you enjoyed it! Notify me of replies to my comment via email. ), Crispy brussels sprouts with tahini sauce and almonds, Gingerbread muffins with salted caramel icing. It’s crunches! Bake for 20-25 mins until set and golden brown. Need to try your recipe! Hello Bam! Chop the spinach and put into a bowl. Roll out pastry on a lightly floured board and line the base and sides of a loose bottom 22cm flan tin. Thank you, Meredith! Hi! Learn how your comment data is processed. Simply assemble it as if you were cooking it immediately, but don’t brush over the top layer of pastry with oil. How to Eat & Serve Spanakopita Triangles.

Killing Me Softly Sheet Music Fugees, Clinical Documentation Guidelines, Sunday Riley Tidal Australia, Viburnum Leaves Curling Up, What Was Virgil’s Purpose In Writing Georgics?, Best Fruit Cake Recipe, Causes Of Consumerism,