Thinking of a coffee table. Beautiful Ziricote Wood Veneer , Find Complete Details about Beautiful Ziricote Wood Veneer,Impiallacciatura Di Legno,Ziricote Impiallacciatura,Ziricote Legno from Veneers Supplier or Manufacturer-Dongguan E&R Wood Co., Ltd. Ziricote has a very unique appearance, which is sometimes referred to as “spider-webbing” or “landscape” grain figure. I would stay away from polyurethane because they seem to darken with age. Hardness: 2200 Janka Anyway, I’ve got a few 2-3″ spheres of what I’m fairly certain is Bocote. Ziricote is slightly brittle but also known as a good steam bending candidate and is proven to hold nails and screws well. © 2013 Savage Woods LLC. Scopri le migliori offerte, subito a casa, in tutta sicurezza. Trova facilmente il prodotto tavolo d'appoggio in ziricote tra ben 3 prodotti dei principali brand su ArchiExpo, il sito specializzato in architettura e design per i buyers del settore. Has anyone tried using Ziricote in the making of jewelry? Quartersawn surfaces can also have ray flakes similar in appearance to those found on quartersawn Hard Maple. Ziricote for sale. Pronunciation of ziricote with 2 audio pronunciations, 1 meaning and more for ziricote. Ziricote wood is dark brown in color and has a Janka hardness of 1,970 lbf. Also, planks of Ziricote commonly have varying amounts of pale sapwood included, which can contribute to high wastage if not incorporated into a project. Zebrano . This exotic hardwood is easy to work by hand or machine and is stable in use. I finish them with shellac applied as French Polish techniques. Origin: Very limited growing region within Southern Mexico, Guatemala and Belize Scopri la nostra storia! It is logged by hand with mules in a selective cutting method in Southern Mexico that is very sustainable and responsible. Ziricote is the heaviest wood from the Cordia species, a group that includes more than 250 different varieties. width: 25%; Scans/Pictures: A special thanks to Steve Earis for providing the turned photo of this wood species. Lo Ziricote è solo una delle numerose specie di legno trattate da Leonardo Trade, che oltre 30 anni produce e vende piallacci e tranciati. Workability: Overall, Ziricote is fairly easy to work considering its high density. Il durame è di colore bruno chiaro con venature più scure che danno al legno un aspetto caratteristico inconfondibile. DESCRIPTION: Ziricote lumber has a heartwood which has various shades of black. The grain of ziricote is unmistakable. (These eyes are not to be confused with knots, as they pose no issues when machining.) Ziricote and bocote are sometimes used as tonewoods for making the backs and sides of high-end acoustic guitars such as the Richard Thompson signature model from Lowden. La ditta Seralvo offre consulenza e affiancamento pre e post vendita. Wikipedia is a free online encyclopedia, created and edited by volunteers around the world and hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation. margin: auto; All Rights Reserved. Open to suggestions. -If you already to this warning, chances are you have messed up in some way and want to try to find out what is wrong. 5 out of 5 stars (486) 486 reviews $ 10.47. Common Uses: Furniture, veneer, cabinetry, gunstocks, musical instruments (acoustic and electric guitars), turned objects, and other small specialty wood items. @d807f2928121401759ae5027b7ffc18e:disqus, Ziricote is strange, because unfinished pieces tend to lighten with age, developing a grayish-green patina on the exterior of the wood. This is a very beautiful wood. Scopri le migliori offerte, subito a casa, in tutta sicurezza. I can suggest just about any finish. Trova Produttore Ziricote alta Qualità Ziricote, Fornitori e Ziricote prodotti al Miglior Prezzo su Alibaba.com Im building an ash bookcase and using Ziricote to make bookends. Click HERE to view our available Ziricote inventory. Nome scientifico: Cordia dodecandra. Visita eBay per trovare una vasta selezione di ziricote wood. Rot Resistance: Ziricote is reported to be naturally resistant to decay. Ziricote Wood Veneer. Often compared visually to Brazilian rosewood, but with inky black lines and darker, ghostlike grey tones, ziricote also boasts a natural reverb that surrounds both player and audience. I just acquired a 5ft x 2ft x 4in live edge slab of ziricote. Simile al Palissandro, regala robustezza assieme a grandi sensazioni estetiche. text-align: center; Bella e molto sonora. Woods that can cause initial sensitivity include:  Pau Ferro, Macassar Ebony, Cocobolo, and most rosewoods. I had an allergic reaction to it that had me break out in hives and cough for hours. It’s easily my favorite coffee table book. It is used for furniture, veneer, cabinetry, flooring, gun stocks, musical instruments (including guitars and ukuleles), entrance doors, turnings, decorative beams, trim, and small specialty items. The endgrain will be exposed (featured) and I’d like to preserve the color as it is. Surface has a natural waxy appearance and takes on a satin finish with simple sanding. Be careful when spraying nitrocellulose it is very explosive. See the articles Wood Allergies and Toxicity and Wood Dust Safety for more information. Specific Gravity: 0.85 to .97 These color tones contrast nicely with the sapwood which ranges from creamy vanilla to golden tan. -Standard wood glue sticks out like a sore thumb when used with this wood. Ha un colore brunastro con venature chiare/scure, a volte in combinazione con il giallo. EVERYTHING FOR THE HOME WOODWORK SINCE 1983. margin-top: 10px; This Central American hardwood is more plentiful than Ziricote so the cost is 25-35% less. Easier to work with than most rosewoods and ebony. Ziricote è un legno affascinante grazie alle sue venature movimentate e ariose. The wood tends to develop end and surface checks during drying, which can be problematic: though the wood is stable once dry. Ziricote has a very unique appearance, which is sometimes referred to as “spider-webbing” or “landscape” grain figure. Grain/Texture: Grain is straight to slightly interlocked. Bent Twig Guitars offers high quality custom acoustic guitars with great attention to detail. Comments: A truly unique-looking wood, Ziricote has very few imitators; perhaps only the occasional piece of figured Brazilian Rosewood exhibits the same spider-webbing grain figure. Copyright © 2008-2020 Eric Meier | All Rights Reserved. Perché Alpi significa legno e molto altro. With a density higher than rosewood, Ziricote turns very well. The pale yellowish sapwood is sometimes incorporated into designs for aesthetic effect, or to cut down on wastage. The wood cuts cleanly and doesn’t seem prone to burn marks on a tablesaw….. but it is a bit of a… Read more », I use Ziricote to build classical guitars and ukuleles. Anything would help on brands would be great. book proudly occupies the prime real estate of my coffee table. La sua provenienza è America Centrale (Messico e Nicaragua) e viene utilizzato in ebanisteria, manici da coltelli, strumenti musicali (chitarra).

Brown Sugar Blueberry Cookies, Comet Clearance Stock, Best Eyebrow Pencil For Feathering, Sony Bdp-s3500 Remote Codes, Graduate Programs In African History, Difference Between Pancake Batter And Funnel Cake, Sofia Alvaro Soler Lyrics English, Top 50 Richest Man In Anambra State, Thai Kitchen Coconut Milk Unsweetened Carton, Hearthstone Is Bad, Family Wisdom Book Summary, Grilled Chicken Caesar Pita,